Via Digital Rodeo :
Country Artists Jon Stone and Kristy Osmunson form the new country duo American Young.
American Young. It’s more than a name. It’s a movement. A passion for music and more importantly its meaning. As artists, songsmiths, producers, and entertainers, Jon Stone and Kristy Osmunson define American Young this way. They are seasoned veterans on how music can inherently affect emotion and even culture. The collaborative fresh new duo already claim songwriting credits for hit makers Kenny Chesney, Lee Brice, Rascal Flatts, Blake Shelton and more. Recording and writing comes from a deep, poignant place with a desire to affect global audiences with songs featuring tight harmonies and storytelling. “American Young represents a sound with no boundaries. We are squarely focused on delivering our own brand of music and hope that folks will find our songs everything from haunting to dramatic and intense”, says Jon.
Jon Stone and Kristy Osmunson may seem familiar to you. They’ve both been in Nashville and have explored their options in country music before. Jon as a solo act, then a successful producer and songwriter (“Me and My Gang,” “A Woman Like You”) and Kristy as a founding member and sizzling fiddle player of the duo Bomshel.
But what isn’t familiar is their music. That’s because no one—NO ONE—is making music like this.
Below read Kristy Osmunson of American Young's answers to Digital Rodeo's "Inquiring Minds Want To Know" questions (Jon’s coming soon… stay tuned) :
1. In the last year what is the one thing you accomplished you were surprised by?
I have learned how to meditate. I know. Shocked the hell out of me too.
2. In the upcoming year what are your top three goals musically that you want to accomplish?
Have two number ones that sell a million copies each and bring world peace.
3. What is your guilty pleasure when you get off a tour?
Sleeping in. My bed is a glorious and magical place where all my dreams begin.
4. What is your current challenge personally you are pushing yourself to achieve?
Be an active listener. Being mindful and present in each moment.
5. Who would be your “dream artist” to do an opening act for and why?
Garth Brooks. Because Garth and I are the only two entertainers that are committed enough for headset mics.
6. Who was your most influential artist in your early years?
My mother. She's rad. She puts the art in artist. She's a flower child and makes everything she touches beautiful.
7. Do you have hobbies that keep you busy when you are not on the road/in studio?
I love real estate. I'm a nerd. I can tell you where the hot spot in every city is.
8. What is at the top of your bucket list besides music?
To Win Olympic Gold.
9. Do you have a “lucky charm” you carry on stage or a routine for good luck you do before you go onstage?
My fiddle. She's my shield and my sword.
10. What is your favorite comfort food?
I make what just might be the greatest Mac and cheese on the planet. It's black truffle and Gouda. Wipe the drool... And yes... I would love to have u come for dinner.
We are working Love is War to country radio... It is a beautiful moment in our lives.
To find out even more information about Kristy Osmunson, check out the links below:
CRS Interview Collaboration by Bev Moser / Pam Stadel for Digital Rodeo
American Young is featured in Nancy Comics all around the world in 80 countries today! Check it out HERE